Error running wear simulations with some wheel profiles

Railway vehicle related features

Error running wear simulations with some wheel profiles

Postby lluisllenas » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:08 pm

Hello,

I'm using the Universal Mechanism software to do my master's final Project. I'm trying to optimize the wheel profile of a freight train. The main objective is to maximize the km that a wheel can do before reprofiling it.

I'm using the wheel wear extention of the software. When I try to simulate some of the profiles (I created them using the tool in UM), the simulation stops in the middle of the calculus. The error message is:
"Experiment is broken due to the following error: [Error]: Wheelset 1 is out of rail.".

The simulation starts well, but on the 5th or 6th iteration the message appears. I tried different wheel profiles and some of them finish the simulation with any problem, some of them stops after some iterations and some of them don't even start.

Does anyone know why that error occurs and how can I solve it?

Thanks so much!

Lluís Llenas
lluisllenas

Re: Error running wear simulations with some wheel profiles

Postby Alexey Sakalo » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:16 pm

Hello!

Most likely there is a problem with the parameters of modelling of the motion. We need to check the model. Send your model with any wheel profile to support@universalmechanism.com, please. Specify the UM version which you use. Also refer to our correspondence on the forum.

Best regards,
Alexey Sakalo
Alexey Sakalo
UM Team

Return to Wheel-to-rail contact models, wear, rolling contact fatigue